January 19, 2016

Maybelline - (Baby Lips) Balm & Blush

I am a big fan of the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balms, so when I spotted the Baby Lips Balm & Blush in store, I got really excited to test them and compare them to the original Baby Lips lip balms. I was lucky enough to receive two of the Baby Lips Balm & Blush in my Christmas stocking and today I am sharing my opinion and comparison with you.

Balm & Blush is a new product in the Baby Lips range by Maybelline. It's a dual-purpose product because it can be used as a blush and as a lip balm, which sounds very interesting. 

Let's start with the packaging. All of the Baby Lips products look adorable and fun in my opinion. They have vibrant colors and the packaging indicates the color of the product. One thing I don't like about the packaging is, that the Balm & Blush are quite difficult to hold. I keep dropping them. 

There are 4 different colors of which I own, 01 Innocent Peach and 02 Flirty Pink. Innocent Peach is, as the name would describe, a peachy coral shade and Flirty Pink is a sweet bright pink. The pigmentation of both of these is quite good and very buildable, which I ideal because I can imagine that you prefer your lip balm to have a better color pay-off than your blush. The consistency of these is quite similar to the Baby lips lip balms. On your lips they feel extremely comfortable and softening. It might be a bit strange to apply a nourishing balm to your cheeks as a blush but as soon as you apply the balm to your skin and blend it out, it looks really natural, makes your skin soft and not at all shiny. 

They are a great value for money product (at 5.99 each) if you like dual-purpose products and plan to wear them as both a blush and lip balm. I am not really a blush person so I will mostly be using these as lip balms. If you only plan on using them as lip balms, I would just stick with the original Baby Lips because these are very similar and less expensive.

Have you ever tried these?

xxx

5 comments:

  1. I wonder how do they work as a blush though... They look too fatty for my skin!

    xx

    http://www.thepetitecat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very strange but once you blend them out they are not fatty at all anymore :)

      Delete
  2. Ik vind het zo leuk dat ze zo'n gekke vorm hebben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. deze kende ik nog niet! Ze zien er leuk uit, maar lijken me idd niet zo handig in gebruik :)

    ReplyDelete