November 17, 2015

Urban Decay - Naked2 Basics

The Urban Decay naked palettes are probably the eyeshadow palettes that caused the biggest hype in the beauty world, out of all the eyeshadow palettes out there. I joined the hype and bought my naked palette a couple of years ago. However this is not the only Urban Decay naked palette in my collection, I am also the proud owner of the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics eyeshadow palette, which is the star of today's blog post.


After the success of the naked palettes, Urban Decay launched the naked basics palettes. These palettes contain only 6 colors, making the palettes more compact and ideal for traveling or in your bag. The palettes feature only matte eyeshadow shades that are perfect for a neutral look and also really appropriate for at work. You can find the difference between the palettes in the tone of the eyeshadows, the naked basics has warmer shades and the naked2 basics features cooler shades. My skin is cool toned so I decided to go for the naked2 basics.

 Let's start with the packaging of this palette, which is great! The palette is made out of really weird but really study material, the palette is compact, without any unused space, and it has a huge mirror, what more could you want? One thing that did surprise me was that this palette does not include any extra products, like brushes, eyeshadow primers or eyeliners, which you do get with the naked palettes. This is probably due to the smaller size of the palette.

Inside you find 6 gorgeous matte cool toned shades, which are all in the neutral/brown range. The pigmentation of the palette is amazing, especially considering it only features matte shades and matte shade have worse pigmentation in general. The eyeshadows apply really smoothly and blend perfectly.

I am really happy with this palette and it is a staple in my work bag, however I would have preferred it if the palette would also have one or two shimmery shades, to give your eye look a bit of a pop. But the size, quality and shade selection make up for the lack of a shimmery shade. 

I would definitely recommend the naked2 basics palette even if you already have one or several of the naked palettes. The matte shades are an ideal complement to the mostly shimmery or satin shades in the naked palettes. The price of the naked2 basics is 28 euro.

Have you tried any of the Urban Decay palettes?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love my Naked palettes, I might have to look into getting this one!

    xx http://tessisabellabeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you definitely should it's great! I really like your blog

    ReplyDelete